Lord of the Rings Online or Lotro is a massively multiplayer roleplaying game set in Tolkien’s Middle Earth. Players assume the role of a fantasy adventurer, choosing from races such as elves and dwarfs and classes like Rune-Keeper and Hunter. The Lotro world is expansive, and traveling between destinations can take hours. Two Hunter and Captain class have skills that make traveling much faster for their Fellowship, however. By using these skills, they can teleport their whole team to a location of their choosing.
The Hunter’s “Guide to” Ability
- Level a Hunter-class character to Level 22 or higher. At Level 22, he learns “Guide to Michel Delving,” a hobbit city. At higher levels, he learns additional “Guide to” abilities, including “Guide to Thorin’s Hall” and “Guide to Rivendell.”
- Go to a city and speak with the local Provisioner. Purchase three Traveling Rations for each character in your Fellowship.
- Distribute the rations to the members of your Fellowship. They’ll consume these during the fast travel.
- Conclude any combat you or your teammates are in. You cannot use a “Guide to” skill while fighting.
- Open your active skill menu and select one of your “Guide to” skills. You and your Fellowship will automatically transport to that location.
The Captain’s “Summoning Horn”
- Level a Captain-class character to Level 40. He’ll learn the passive skill “Summoning Horn Use.” This allows him to use summoning horns, which will summon his full Fellowship to his current location, no matter where he is.
- Click on the gold coin on the far-right side of your quick bar to enter the Lotro Store. You’ll need 95 Turbine Points. If you don’t have enough, you can purchase more using real-world money. Click “Add Points” in the top right corner of the store and then select an amount you want to purchase.
- Enter “Rally Horn” into the search bar and select “Buy” to purchase it. It appears in your inventory automatically.